- Bob Papke
Beach Access Survey Results
Results from public survey regarding driving on the beaches or not.
"Vehicle use should be prohibited?" 582 No/Allow and 300 Yes/Prohibit
Originally published on Tillamook County website Tillamook County Beach Access for Vehicles Public Comment Process
Monday, October 5, 2020 – Tuesday, October 20, 2020
This document contains the text of all on-line survey responses, in order of submission. The text is complete and unedited, except for a couple instances of foul language. Names and addresses have been removed.
Survey responses: 882
Emails to BeachAccess@co.tillamook.or.us: 107
Letters to the BOC: 7
Speakers at October 19, 2020 Virtual Listening Session: 18
Text of Survey: Public Opinion Survey: Vehicle Access on Tillamook County Beaches
1. Vehicle use should be prohibited at Tillamook County beach access points. (Yes/No)
2. Vehicle use should be allowed at Tillamook County beach access points.
o Tierra del Mar (Sand Lake Road)
o McPhillips Drive
o Cape Kiwanda Parking Lot (Hungry Harbor Drive)
o Pacific City Turnaround
Question 1: Vehicle use should be prohibited at Tillamook County beach access points.
• 300 survey respondents + 50 emails
• Tillamook County residents: 230
• Non-Residents: 70
• 582 survey respondents + 51 emails
• Tillamook County residents: 272
• Non-Residents: 310